Hello! I’m Dr. Abigail (Abbie) Stevens, a National Science Foundation Astronomy & Astrophysics postdoctoral fellow at Michigan State University and the University of Michigan. I use rapid variability signals (called quasi-periodic oscillations, or QPOs) coming from material in the strong gravitational field close to neutron stars and stellar black holes, to probe how matter behaves in extreme environments and look for signatures of general relativity.
You can use the above nested menu to navigate through this site, or click on the links below:
- CV – my academic curriculum vitae
- Research – a description of my astronomy research for non-scientists
- Travel – upcoming conferences and workshops I’m attending
- Coding resources – many links for getting started with coding for astronomy research and X-ray data analysis
- About – who am I?
- Blog – updated occasionally, usually with an academic/scientific slant
- Contact – many ways to contact me!