This is the internet home of Abigail (Abbie) Stevens, a PhD candidate in astronomy at the University of Amsterdam (now based in Lansing, Michigan, USA). I use strange variability signals (called quasi-periodic oscillations, or QPOs) coming from material in the strong gravitational field close to neutron stars and stellar black holes, to probe how matter behaves in extreme environments.
You can use the above nested menu to navigate through this site, or click on the links below:
- Research – a description of my astronomy research interests for non-scientists
- CV – my academic curriculum vitae
- Travel – where am I?
- Coding resources – many links for getting started with coding for astronomy research and X-ray data analysis
- About – who am I?
- Blog – updated occasionally, usually with an academic/scientific slant
- Contact – many many ways to contact me!