In an effort to both support local farms and avoid the grocery store as much as possible (no more than once every 2 or 3 weeks), I’ve been ordering things directly from farms! They’re listed in order of approximate distance from the city of Lansing. Some of them have come from a list of farmers market vendors in the area. Please let me know if I’ve mislabeled anything or missed one you love!
- Magnolia Farms, Lansing: greens, vegetables, seedlings
- Half Barn Farm, Lansing: greens, vegetables, seedlings, cut flowers
- Swallowtail Farms, Mason: greens, vegetables, cut flowers
- Ten Hens Farm, Bath: greens, vegetables
- Wildflower Eco Farm, Bath: vegetables, flowers, fruits
- Local Farm Alliance Farmer’s Market, Mason: vegetables, cut flowers
- Green Eagle Farm, Onondaga: vegetables, herbs, cut flowers
- Titus Farms: vegetables and produce of all kinds, eggs, honey, dry goods, coffee, mushrooms, fermented goods; weekly pickups
- Mycophiles Garden, Grand Rapids: selection varies but usually includes oyster, king oyster, shiitake, maitake, lion’s mane, and chestnut mushrooms. Available through Titus Farms for weekly pickups, or order directly for shipping
Eggs, Meat, and Dairy
- Reese Farms, Lansing: beef, sweet corn
- Search on FB marketplace for “farm eggs” or “fresh eggs” — I go to Bob Hurtt in Holt
- MSU Dairy Store, East Lansing: cheese, ice cream
- Trillium Wood Farm, Williamston: beef, lamb, pork, poultry
- Hickory Knoll Farms Creamery, Onondaga (Allen St Market): cheeses!
- McLaughlin Farm Ltd, Jackson: beef
- Country Products, Lansing & Eaton Rapids:: 10 – 2pm Saturdays at their farm store at 99th & Columbia. Contact Bart at email@example.com for more information (also have dry goods, honey, and preserved goods).
- Jennings Farm, Nashville MI: beef
- McElroy Farms, Hillsdale: beef, pork, poultry, lamb. Deliveries are weekly.
- The Cheese People of Grand Rapids: cheese of all kinds! Do home delivery via mail
- Rust Belt Roastery, Lansing: coffee
- Ozone’s Brewhouse, Lansing: beer, new growlers and to-go cans (not refilling old growlers)
- Stone Cloud Gardens (Marjorie & Bob Johns): jams and jellies, vinegars, handmade soap. Order at firstname.lastname@example.org
- DavePops, St. John’s MI: dairy-free popsicles; minimum order of 1 dozen, can mix and match flavors, Lansing delivery each week
- Sandy Ridge Farm, Owosso: baked goods, syrup. Farm pickup hours are Friday 3-7pm at 3611 Tyrrell Rd Owosso; check facebook for options and order instructions
- Grampa’s Pasties, Richland MI: pasties! Taking orders and doing drops every couple of weeks